Captain C's Medical Journal
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
What if there's no tomorrow?


Time has a magical way of healing the hurt, the pain, and the suffering. Time gives us a gift that allows people to forgive all that has happened. For an example, August 6th, 1945 the United States of America dropped the first atomic bomb on Japan killing over 70,000 people. If that wasn't bad enough, August 9th, 1945 the US dropped the second atomic bomb on Japan killing another 40,000 people. Today, Japan is our ally.

Now, we are fighting a war that is different from any other war that we have ever fought. There is no country or government - just people. Whether you agree or disagree with this war is irrelevant. Regrettably, we are not able to change or decide what should or should not happen. I think we have learned many things from this war. Something that we all should learn is that hind-site is not wisdom.

I believe for the first time in our life we have defiled the law of history. The law that states, "History will repeat itself." I do not believe that United States and Islamic extremist will ever be allies. So, what does this mean? We have no guidelines or experience in this kind of war. We can all hypothesize at what the future may hold. Unfortunately, no matter how smart you think you are, it will be purely speculation.

So, maybe we should rethink the prices that are being paid. Maybe in today civilization, the way that we used to do things is not the way that we should do things. Maybe we should view life as it is - a gift not to be taken for granted.



I have often wondered how the world would respond if we were informed that there will be no tomorrow. There would be no more sunsets or walking on the beach. There would be no more picnics or catching fire flies. There would be no more dreams and no more stories. There would be no more jumping on the bed or having paper parties.

Would the fighting stop so that we can reevaluate what is important? Or would the fighting intensify to promote the cause? I wonder if given this news that the true things that mattered in life would over ride all of those that are not.

I believe that we have no guarantee of tomorrow. Therefore, we should work like we are going to live forever and live like there is no tomorrow.
posted by Capt. C @ 9:35 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger G. said…

    C,

    whether by repetition or pure determination you are becoming a very good writer. I look forward to your 'thought-provoking' insights. They force me to take a second. I disect each word. Mull over every thought. I'd much rather have the conversation in person, but I'm thankful for the words all the more.
    You're a great American.
    Keep it up.

    I miss you man.

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Bren said…

    I am proud of you.

     
  • At 4:44 AM, Blogger EXSENO said…

    I agree with G, very nice indeed. I pray for your safety and for you speedy return home to your family.

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe we should view life as it is - a gift not to be taken for granted.

    no one else could of said it better keep safe and you are always in our prayers.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Capt. C
Home: El Paso, Texas, United States
About Me: I am happily married to the most wonderful lady in the world (Jenny). I have 3 children (Ariel, Benji and Nathaniel)that are just precious. I graduated from the US Army Graduate Program in Anesthesia Nursing. I am currently active duty in the US Army - at least for another 26 months. I live in El Paso, TX (can't wait to get out of here).
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER