Captain C's Medical Journal
Thursday, October 26, 2006
Stop Blowing My Money!
It's not YOUR money - so stop spending it!

If you haven't heard, our government has approved 1.2 billion dollars down payment to build a 700 mile fence along the US-Mexican boarder. Sounds good doesn't it? Before you say "Yes," please finish reading.

If you have ever read my blog entitled "Do You Want the Problem Solved?" then you will see that I am all about securing our boarders. However, if I am going to be spending somebody else's money (tax dollars), then I want the job done right. A "fence" will not do much, we need a WALL! Now, let's go into this insane cost.

Do we not have ANYBODY in our government that can do simple math? I am sure that you can figure this out, but I am going to spell it out just incase some government person actually does a little research.....

$1,200,000,000 for 700 miles comes out to $1,714,285.71 per mile. Now, there are 5,280 feet in a mile. This comes to $324.67 per foot. Now, I am no rocket scientist, but we just put a custom made fence up for $27.86 per foot. Don't get me wrong - I want a boarder. But, I don't want it made out of GOLD! Plus, I want something that is going to work (read other blog) and I don't want my grandchildren to have to pay for it.
posted by Capt. C @ 2:10 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger EXSENO said…

    So why don't you send this information to some politicians or better yet some people in the news media and maybe they will pick up the ball from there.

    I double dare you!

    Tell you what I'll copy your statisics and I'll send them to some politicians too.
    Well how about it??

    By the way are you home for good or do you have to go back?? I hope not.

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Capt. C said…

    I hope that I never have to go back - but who knows? Those people are crazy and I really don't like being there. But, I am home for now!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Capt. C
Home: El Paso, Texas, United States
About Me: I am happily married to the most wonderful lady in the world (Jenny). I have 3 children (Ariel, Benji and Nathaniel)that are just precious. I graduated from the US Army Graduate Program in Anesthesia Nursing. I am currently active duty in the US Army - at least for another 26 months. I live in El Paso, TX (can't wait to get out of here).
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER