Captain C's Medical Journal
Thursday, March 09, 2006
GOOD TIMES!!!
My family and I just spent six wonderful days in Arkansas visiting friends and family. We have not been to Arkansas in over 2 years (way too long). If you don't count the 1 week that we spent there 2 years ago, then it has been over 3 years. The purpose of our visit was multifold 1) We wanted to do Baby Benji's Baby Dedication 2) See all my wonderful friends 3) See family 4) Tell everybody that I am being deployed in about 2 weeks (you know to get everything in order).

This was the first time that my friends and most of my family ever laid eyes on Benji. Benji just ate up all the attention. That child just loves attention (what child doesn't, right?)

Ariel got to play with here "new friend" Haven (Paul's daughter). You know it is amazing that G and I live 1500 miles away but both of our children act nearly the same way. They have many of the same toys and same clothes. This is a little scary! ha!

As everybody knows Paul (aka G), Brandon (aka B), Rocky (aka Rock) and I have been best friends for over 2 decades. This type of friendship doens't come along often. In fact, I don't know anybody that has the closeness that we have for such a long time. The four of us spent nearly the entire time together. Life if good. It was really fun. Now, we also have some other best friends that were not there (David, Tommy, Will, etc). Of course, anybody that knows me knows exactly who I am talking about. Wish we could have seen each other.

I must say that this was one of the most exciting times that I have had. Life is good. Spending time with friends and family - GOOD TIMES! (There will be pictures on the photo album that is linked on the side).
posted by Capt. C @ 5:52 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger G. said…

    I had a great time C!

    It was weekend we'll always remember.
    And somebody must have cloned our kids, because that's just wierd. It's like those stories you here about the twins seperated at birth but find each other later and they're doing the same things...crazy.
    But if they have even 1/5 of the friendship that we have they'll be blessed, because I believe it is truley a Godsend. It's not a coincedence or by chance that we have what we have. God has truely blessed us.

    I love you brother,
    G.

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad to hear you got to see some old friends before you leave. Just knowing how I felt when Ryan left (when we weren't even married OR had a kiddo) ...I can't imagine what Jenny is going through. :( I couldn't drive home after I dropped Ryan off. Hopefully this goes by fast, and Jenny gets tons of help from family and friends. Big Hugs to the family and you!

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Dare said…

    Your long friendship with G and everyone else is awesome. I can't imagine how that feels. Best of luck overseas.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Cara said…

    Oh my gah!! If those kids act anything like you two... They will be pretty good kids!!

    How weird is it that both your wives names are Jenn???

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Capt. C
Home: El Paso, Texas, United States
About Me: I am happily married to the most wonderful lady in the world (Jenny). I have 3 children (Ariel, Benji and Nathaniel)that are just precious. I graduated from the US Army Graduate Program in Anesthesia Nursing. I am currently active duty in the US Army - at least for another 26 months. I live in El Paso, TX (can't wait to get out of here).
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER