Captain C's Medical Journal
Saturday, February 18, 2006
Time is getting close
Currently, I am scheduled to start my deployment March 24, 2006. It is amazing how things change when you realize that your time is short. What I mean by that is I wanted to do a lot of moonlighting before I deployed (because the money is so good). But, after I learned that my time to deploy was so early, all I want to do is spend time with my family. When my little girl (Ariel) comes up to me and puts her little arms around me and says, "Daddy, I always love you!" - I would give anything to hear those words everyday - I would take nothing to go a day without hearing those words. Those little words coming from that little girl is priceless. There is nothing is this world that is so sweet and precious as those words.

Every morning I have the awesome priveledge to wake up beside the most beautiful and wonderful lady that has ever graced this earth. I have truly been blessed. I do not deserve such a wonderful, precious gift such as Jenny. Life is good.

Then, there is the terror of our house, Benji! The smartest and bravest little boy that has ever been born. The child has no fear. He also has the greatest drive to learn everything. He is truly an amazing child. He will do and be so much more than I have ever done or become. Once again, truly blessed.

Well, the count down is upon me. Time is running short. Soon I will have to leave this wonderful family and do things that I never would have dreamed that I would do. Keep me in your prayers that I will remain safe and not go crazy being away from my wonderful and most amazing family ever. For those of you wondering if I believe that my job is worth me leaving my family - the answer is "NO!" I understand that we are in a war - a war to protect Americans. However, I also believe with my heart of hearts that this could and should be done differently.
posted by Capt. C @ 5:22 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Bren said…

    Tom,

    I like this.

    Love your sissy,
    Bren

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Bren said…

    Your in my prayers.

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger G. said…

    C,

    What is it about Daddy's little girl that makes us puddy in their hands??? I don't know.
    And our sons, it sounds like, are going to get into way more trouble than you and I ever thought of doing! If those two run together, I have a feeling that they'll be the menace of the neighboorhood.
    Can't wait to see you man. I know your head is probably spinning and your thoughts are weighing on you, but always remember that we're praying for you, we love you and we're always there for you. No amont of miles or ocean or time can change that.
    Whatever you need brother...I got your back!

    Love ya C.

     
  • At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tom, i am glad you have this site! I will be checking up on you very often while you are gone to make sure that you are doing ok. You will be in my prayers the whole time you are away. I love you so much!

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a cool blog. I used to have one, but then couldn't find the time to keep updating it. Yours look fantastic. Great picture of you too. :) This post made me get all teary-eyed. If Ryan was writing this, he would tell me to tell you "be thankful it's not a year deployment."

    Love, Leanne

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Cara said…

    You and your family will be in my prayers!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Capt. C
Home: El Paso, Texas, United States
About Me: I am happily married to the most wonderful lady in the world (Jenny). I have 3 children (Ariel, Benji and Nathaniel)that are just precious. I graduated from the US Army Graduate Program in Anesthesia Nursing. I am currently active duty in the US Army - at least for another 26 months. I live in El Paso, TX (can't wait to get out of here).
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER